Senior Backend Engineer
Syntropy is seeking a highly experienced and enthusiastic Senior Go developer to join us on a mission to build best-in-class Internet Technology products changing the world. You will be challenged to design and build highly scalable microservices in a modern infrastructure environment as well as oversee software architecture and apply the best development practices. We’re moving fast, so expect high dynamics and no love for the legacy code/design here.
This role combines both hands-on development and plenty of strategic decisions that must enable us to scale quickly. Being here you have clear growth paths to Lead Engineer as the company and technology organization achieves its targets and grows.
- Liaise with Product Officers and Leads to determine software needs for the future and determine whether software systems have enough quality to meet their current operational goals.
- Analyze and make the forward-looking technological decisions to be applied in our products.
- Ensure that the selected technologies are used efficiently, profitably, and securely.
- Work hand in hand with System Architects, DevOps, and your development team to produce effective software systems.
- Writing scalable and reliable code for Next-Gen Internet connectivity platform which is capable of scaling to millions of agents served worldwide over years to come.
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews.
- Utilize and monitor internal performance monitoring for continuous improvement in code quality and delivery
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Extensive backend development experience (7+ years)
- Extensive, recent hands-on experience developing software products in Go
- Proficient understanding of code versioning in Git
- Solid understanding of design principles and creating clear, secure, and predictable APIs
- Experience architecting and developing large-scale, microservice systems
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, Gitlab) pipelines
- Experience with Docker, Linux, SQL, ElasticSearch, WebSockets, REST APIs
- Ability working with remote teams
- A genuine interest in the latest innovations in the field and just being a technology enthusiast is a must.
- Hands-on experience in Rust is a strong bonus
- Experience with DevOps and Kubernetes is a strong bonus
- Understanding of networking, TCP/IP stack is a strong bonus
- Understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, and decentralized application development is a strong bonus
- Experience using high-load, high-performant systems involving multithreading is a strong bonus
- Understanding of TypeScript, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, NATS, Messaging Queues (RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka) would help you to hit the ground running
- Problems you’re proud to tackle and solve
- Work in a team of experts in the Networking and Software Engineering field
- Be part of a dynamic and distributed startup team
- Enjoy flexible working hours (office & remote work)
- Possibility to grow into different roles and become a long-term member of the team
- Fair compensation based on experience and talent
- Innovative compensation structure (salary + company-issued cryptocurrency tokens as a bonus).
Mėnulio st. 7
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.