Head of Credit Risk
Revolut, one of the fastest growing FinTech’s is looking for someone with deep credit risk (personal loans, credit cards, revolving credit, overdrafts) experience to head the Revolut Bank Credit Risk Function. You will report directly to the CRO and functionally to the Group Head of Credit Risk.
You will bring extensive insights into the unsecured retail credit landscape in Lithuania and EEA and have experience in leading multi-jurisdictional teams. You will be responsible for managing credit risk in Lithuania and oversee certain EEA markets.
As part of the role you will be able to develop and manage the credit risk management framework to maintain balance between risk and reward to continuously grow a predictable and profitable retail credit portfolio. You will also build and manage the credit policy and procedures for eg targeting, underwriting and life cycle management of credit products like unsecured personal loans and credit cards. In addition, you will ensure continuous monitoring and validation of the credit decision outcomes and MIS availability and lead insights into micro and macro factors impacting portfolio credit performance and profitability.
You will also have a good insights into Risk adjusted return requirements & overall you are able to manage / adjust the portfolio returns as more / new data comes into light. In addition, you may:
- Support the assessment of the annual budget, forecast and planning processes, from assessment of market/industry trends through data gathering and analysis, initiative selection and assessment, preparation of the plan, from concept to delivery.
- Track, communicate and draw insights from the performance of ongoing initiatives and be on top of all credit KPI’s.
- Identify operational inefficiencies and manage the implementation of small scale change within the Credit Risk function.
- Partnering with engineers, product managers, data scientists, designers etc. to coordinate and prioritize business decisions.
- Understanding of relevant rules and regulation.
- Credit risk modelling/underwriting experience.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior management, Supervisory Council and Regulators.
Specifically you will need:
- Proven track record of managing through the cycle credit risk for retail (credit cards, unsecured personal loans etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably Master’s or higher) in an quantitative/analytical stream like engineering, statistics, Physics, math, economics or management degree from a top university
- Solid understanding of credit policy governance framework and is able to work through 2nd/3rd line of defence in a competent manner.
- Delivers excellent results that exceeds requirements, plans appropriately to meet multiple objectives and is forward thinking on inter-dependencies to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Solid understanding of credit risk bearing drivers and their applications.
- Generally clear, concise and structured and is able to explain complex concepts in simple manner.
- Deep thinker capable of processing a lot of information towards most optimal decision making.
- Understands the value of speed to market and is able to balance between elegant problem solving and business need of the hour.
- Excellent working knowledge of data manipulation language such as SQL, R and Python etc. & other data analysis tools and also willing to learn new technology to help business scale.
Mėnulio g. 7
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.